WORKSHOP PRIVATE EVENTS, OFF SITES & RENTALS
WorkshopSF is one of a truly unique DIY (do it yourself) school located in Western Addition neighborhood of SF. We teach simple, fun classes in sewing, screen-printing, pickling, terrariums, letterpress, photography, mixology, gardening, basic carpentry & a slew more. We believe everyone should be able to get his or her hands dirty and make something without spending a ton of money. We are lo-fi, meaning we use simple equipment you could use at home. Come hang out and learn why our motto is drink beer and make stuff. It’s super fun!
Nothing drives us crazier than a boring office team building activity in a hotel conference room. Or yet another bachelorette party with penis straws and deviled eggs. Or an eye-roller of a birthday debating over how to split the check up 18 ways when you only had an appetizer. Or a baby shower that is so girly the guys want to stab their eyes out. We understand! That’s why we throw events! Everything you can think of including:
- Corporate off sites, company events or on site DIY parties- Think screen-printing, mixology, cooking, pickling, terrariums (look sweet back at the office on your desk) They vary from a social fun class for small groups to big parties with 100 or more where we set up stations with activities. You can come to u or we can come to you. Have Workshop will travel!
- Baby showers- We make a boring baby shower more co-ed and hella fun. Think a screen printing shower where you walk away with a wardrobe customized by your friends! Uh, awesome!
- Bachelor or Bachelorette parties- Parties with a DIY spin, or even make things for your wedding at the party- like screen printed totes or goodies for your guests, terrariums or floral centerpieces or mixology classes to plan drinks for your wedding or just take the edge off the stress of wedding planning. We’re staffed with events planners and creatives galore!
- Weddings- We even work with Brides & Grooms on creating things for you wedding from letterpress invites to guest gifts to décor. We can even print you his and her undies for the big night. We’ve also set up at weddings with live activities so you guest have a ton of fun. You name it, we can probably make it or do it or point you to who can. Our Events Planner was a Wedding Planner prior to Workshop.
- Birthday parties- Celebrate your birthday with a DIY flair, making it interactive. Think a pizza party for your 30th, a surprise cocktails class for your Boo’s special day or even a private pickling class for your friend who loves to garden. For the same amount of money as dinner, your friends can leave with something they made and an awesome experience over just a little doggy bag and heartburn. Groups of any size welcome, with some minimums.
- Holiday events- We can come to your office to create gifts. We can set up several stations so your employees can create custom gifts to give- like holiday cards, terrariums, screen printed wrapping paper, pickled goodies and even spice rubs. The list goes on and on. We take out all the hard work, so they just get to have fun and make something.
- Large scale events- We are on our 4th year setting up an interactive Camp DIY at the Treasure Island Music Festival, Part lounge, part art installation and part adult summer camp- concert goers can join us all day long for activities, to make things and we give them countless things to do all day long. We love to be a part of music festivals and large events, making your event more interactive or just making you feel like a kid again.
Our staff: Our Event Planner has over 18 years experience planning everything from weddings to corporate events for thousands to small parties and street fairs. We regularly work with corporate clients to create fun events for your teams at any location, with repeat clients like Google, Facebook, Gap Inc, Salesforce, Twitter and Square- we’ve got this down pat. We also have access to food pop ups, bartenders, DJs and much more. We’ve hosted small events, large-scale festivals, concerts and hundreds of company events or launches. Our teachers, who facilitate events, are all independent small business owners, makers or designers, so when you book events, you are supporting the growth of their businesses. Most of our teachers have recently quit their “day jobs” to pursue their dreams and we help keep food on the table till they get there! Our staff is super fun and always know how to host a party & bring the fun.
Bonus: if you refer us and we book your next office party, we will give you a free class on us. For more info, ideas or pricing, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check our CLASSES page for ideas as well. Party on!